Help with Financing Your Studies
English students (subject to eligibility) apply online via Student Finance England (SFE) www.gov.uk/studentfinance
Northern Irish students (subject to eligibility) apply online via Student Finance Northern Ireland www.studentfinanceni.co.uk
Scottish students (subject to eligibility) apply online via Student Awards Agency for Scotland www.saas.gov.uk
Welsh students (subject to eligibility) apply online via Student Finance Wales www.studentfinancewales.co.uk
EU students (subject to eligibility) apply online for a Tuition Fee Loan only via Student Finance England www.gov.uk/studentfinance
International students are responsible for the payment of tuition fees and all maintenance costs. The college must receive full payment of tuition costs and maintenance costs (if applicable) by September 15th.
Students should make their application for financial assistance as soon as they receive their offer letter. Students will not be allowed to enrol unless they can provide evidence to show how their tuition fees and (if applicable) residence and catering fees will be paid.
Extra help is available for students with a disability, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty, and for students with children or adult dependants via Student Finance England, Student Finance Northern Ireland, Student Awards Agency for Scotland and Student Finance Wales.
When applying for financial support you will need to know what the tuition fee is, and the UCAS course code (undergraduate courses).
Tuition fees for 2014 entry
- Full time (all programmes) £7735 per year
- Part time (Social Work, Youth and Community Work and BA International Labour and Trade Union Studies) £5801 per year
- Part time (all other undergraduate programmes) £3865 per year
- MA International Labour and Trade Union Studies £6800 full time - £3400/year part time
- MA Public History and MA Women’s Studies £5000 full time - £2500/year part time
UCAS course codes (if you have been offered a place on a CertHE you should use the relevant BA code when applying for financial support)
- Foundation Degree in Business and Social Enterprise N108
- BA English Studies: Creative Writing and Critical Practice (inc CertHE) QW38
- BA History with Social Science (inc CertHE History) V101
- BA International Labour and Trade Union Studies L290
- Certificate of Higher Education in Law M100
- BA Social and Political Studies L001
- BA Social Work L500
- BA Youth and Community Work L590
- Foundation Degree in Writing for Performance WP89
Post graduate students are responsible for the payment of tuition fees and residence and catering fees if applicable.
You may find the following sites useful:
And for international students: