Our college is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee. The Governing Executive is responsible for agreeing the strategic direction of the College and for approving policies and financial plans. There are currently 22 members, who are recruited from the College Council, which comprises representatives from organisations sharing Ruskin’s ideals who meet twice a year to offer advice and experience.
Members of the Governing Executive are Directors of the company, registered with Companies House and the Charities Commission and their role is unpaid, excepting travel expenses. Members commit to attending at least three meetings each year.
The Governing Executive has several Standing Committees that meet regularly, such as the Audit Committee, Finance Committee and Search Committee. These are listed below, along with the membership and minutes. Other key governance related documents, including the College’s Annual Report and Accounts can also be found here.
For further information regarding the governance of the college, please contact the Clerk to the Governors Helen Jeffries on 01865 759791.
- Governing Executive Members
- Governing Executive meeting minutes
- Audit Committee
- Audit Committee meeting minutes
- Academic Quality and Standards Committee (AQSC)
- Academic Quality and Standards Committee (AQSC) meeting minutes
- Finance Committee
- Finance Committee meeting minutes
- Single Equality Scheme
- Key documents
- Regulations for Open University validated awards at Ruskin College
- College Regulatory Framework
- Students Guide to studying on a programme validated by the Open University 2015/16
- Employability Model
- Recruitment and Selection Policy and Procedure
Information on partners