Access to HE Level 3 Diploma – Health Professionals – Online
This online Access course is your ideal preparation for reaching Higher Education and following your career path into in the health professions.
Purpose: Access to Higher Education
Guided Learning Hours: 450
Duration: 6-24 months
Next Course: Contact us to find out
What are the qualifications about?
You will cover topics relevant to further study in the areas of health professions. Modules range from academic (e.g. biology and physics) through to practical (e.g. writing skills), so you will get an excellent all-round learning experience, readying you for further study in the area of your choice.
Who are they for?
If your goal is to study in higher education towards a career in one of the health professions, then this is the ideal course for you. The Diploma is accepted for entry on to degree programmes by the majority of UK universities and colleges.
What do I need?
There are no academic requirements, but you will need to attend an interview and complete a Maths and English assessment.
Why choose Ruskin College?
Ruskin is a friendly and inclusive college, with an ethos that puts you very much at the centre of the learning experience. It is the ideal environment to set out on your path to your rewarding career in health and social care, especially if you are an adult returning to education.
What sorts of things do they cover?
- Unit 1: Preparing to Study
- Unit 2: Academic Writing Skills
- Unit 3: Preparing a Written Assignment
- Unit 4: Cell Biology
- Unit 5: The History of the National Health Service
- Unit 6: Human Nutrition and The Digestive System
- Unit 7: Social Factors in Health Care
- Unit 8: Introduction to Psychology
- Unit 9: The Roles and Responsibilities of Health Care Professionals
- Unit 10: The Human Endocrine and Nervous System
- Unit 11: Inequalities in Health and Illness
- Unit 12: The Human Musculo-skeletal System
- Unit 13: Approaches to Health
- Unit 14: The Brain and Nervous System
- Unit 15: Human Disease and Prevention
- Unit 16: Poverty and Health
- Unit 17: Human Immunity
- Unit 18: Human Reproduction, Growth and Development
- Unit 19: Equality and Diversity within Health Care
How will I learn and be assessed?
This is an online course. Assessment will be through coursework. You will have tutor contact via email, phone
and/or Zoom or Skype.
How long do they take?
Guided learning hours
Guided learning hours are the hours you spend learning with your training provider or on your own. The guided learning hours for this qualification are:
- Level 3: 450 hours
Usual course length
Completing the Access to Higher Education Diploma: Health Professionals – Online usually takes:
- Minimum 6 months, average 8-9 months, maximum 24 months (distance learning, studied in own time)
What jobs could they lead to?
This course prepares you for degree-level study in preparation for a career in the health field. Although the qualification has not been designed to lead directly to employment, it will support you to take steps towards a career in a range of related professions.
What would it cost me?
This course costs £1350 (with an option to pay in instalments). We will help you access financial support if you are entitled to it: find out if you are eligible.