Award in Education and Training Level 3
With this course, you can develop your teaching, training and assessment skills and improve your prospects in the learning and skills sector.
Level: Level 3
Purpose: Continuing Professional Development
Guided Learning Hours: 54
Duration: 4 months
What are the qualifications about?
You will be able to develop strategies as a learning support practitioner and understand and respond to the unique needs of learners with anything from ADHD and dyslexia to poor mental health and autism.
Who are they for?
This course is ideal if you are working, or looking to work, as a teacher or trainer, whether in FE, adult and community learning, work-based learning or other parts of the learning and skills sector.
What do I need?
You should hold Level 2 in English and Maths.
Why choose Ruskin College?
As an adult community college, Ruskin is the ideal place for you to develop your education and training skills in the FE and related sectors. We offer small class sizes, a supportive and friendly environment and high quality teaching.
What sorts of things do they cover?
- Identify Students’ Needs, Backgrounds and Aspirations
- Define Basic Principles of Teaching and Learning In Relation to Teaching/Training
- Demonstrate in Planning, Delivery and Evaluation, a Regard for Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety Legislation
- Develop Skills in Devising Programmes and Schemes of Work
- Adopt a Systematic Approach to Planning Learning Sessions by Reference to a Variety of Methods, and to Develop Innovation in Teaching/Training
- Design, Make and Use a Range of Teaching and Learning Materials, Using Your Own Creative and Information Technology Skills
- Develop Key Skills
- Apply Communication Skills in Teaching and Training
- Design and Apply Appropriate Means of Assessing Learners
How will I learn and be assessed?
You will learn about theory, but you will also be able to undertake assessed practice in a real work environment.
How long do they take?
Guided learning hours
Guided learning hours are the hours you spend learning with your training provider or on your own. The guided learning hours for this qualification are:
- Level 3: 54 hours
Usual course length
Completing the Award in Education and Training Level 3 usually takes:
- 4 months part time
What jobs could they lead to?
This qualification will help you to progress towards the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training, and the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training, which will help you to develop your teaching career. You could also become an FE trainee tutor or trainee assessor.
What would it cost me?
We will help you access financial support if you are entitled to it: find out if you are eligible.