Award in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care Level 1 – Online
Acquire and develop skills in health and social care and get prepared for employment in the sector with this useful, online course.
Level: Level 1
Purpose: Personal and Professional Development
Guided Learning Hours: 53
Duration: 6 weeks
Courses from: August
What are the qualifications about?
You will develop strategies and a wide range of knowledge and skills, enabling you to pursue work in the Adult Social Care Sector or progress to Level 2 qualifications.
Who are they for?
If you are keen to work in the health and social care sector, this course will enable you to follow your own specific educational journey in the area.
What sorts of things do they cover?
You will study a range of vocational topics specific to the field of health and social care, including:
- Introduction to the Adult Social Care Sector
- Awareness of the skills and attitudes needed to work in adult social care
- Introduction to the Values and Principles of Adult Social Care
- Awareness of communication in adult social care
- Awareness of the role and responsibilities of the adult social care worker
How will I learn and be assessed?
This is an online paper-based course.
What jobs could they lead to?
This course prepares you for Level 2 study, or could lead to better job prospects within the health and social care sector.
What would it cost me?
This course is free if completed.