BTEC First Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 2
Gain comprehensive skills and understanding about working in health and social care, as you prepare for employment or further study in the field.
Level: Level 2
Purpose: Continuing Professional Development
Guided Learning Hours: 480
Duration: 33 weeks
Next Course: 7 September 2020 – 18 June 2021
What are the qualifications about?
You will get the opportunity to gain broad knowledge and understanding of, and develop skills in, the Health and Social Care sector. You will develop transferable skills that will provide a platform for success both within Health and Social Care and elsewhere.
Who are they for?
This is an ideal course if you are keen to work or undertake further study in the health and social care sector and want to broaden your specialist understand and skills.
What will I need?
You will need to take a Maths and English assessment to join the course.
Why choose Ruskin College?
Ruskin is a small, friendly and inclusive college and the perfect environment for adults returning to education. Getting back into education can be daunting. Our ethos is centred around making you feel as comfortable and happy as possible to bring out the best in you.
What sorts of things do they cover?
You will carry out the following mandatory units:
- Human Lifespan Development
- Health and Social Care Values
- Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care
- Individual Rights in Health and Social Care
- Healthy Living
- Carrying out a Research Project in Health and Social Care
There are also optional units including:
- Human Body Systems and Care of Disorders
- Creative and Therapeutic Activities in Health and Social Care
- Vocational Experience in Health and Social Care
- Community Volunteering in Health and Social Care
- Child Development and Observation Internal
- Skills and Qualities for Working in the Health and Social Care Sector
- Understanding Disability
- Introduction to Dementia
How will I learn and be assessed?
You will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a portfolio of evidence.
How long do they take?
Guided learning hours
Guided learning hours are the hours you spend learning with your training provider or on your own. The guided learning hours for this qualification are:
- Level 1: 480 hours
Usual course length
Completing the Level 2 First Diploma in Health and Social Care usually takes:
- 33 weeks part time, 1 day a week, Tuesdays, 6.00pm – 9.00pm
What jobs could they lead to?
This course will improve your prospects for a wide range of jobs within the health and social care sector, or further study in the area.
What would it cost me?
We will help you access financial support if you are entitled to it: find out if you are eligible.