Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care Level 2 – Online
On this online qualification you will gain understanding about working in health and social care, as it prepares you for employment in the sector.
Level: Level 2
Purpose: Personal and Professional Development
Guided Learning Hours: 179
Duration: 9 weeks
Courses from: October
What are the qualifications about?
You will be find out more about health and social care concepts and get practical training in preparation for employment in the sector.
- Gain appreciation of what to expect in the sector
- Learn about person-centred care and safe working practices
- Understand duty of care and safeguarding
- Improve your understanding of equality and diversity, safeguarding and protection
Who are they for?
This is an ideal course if you are new to the sector and want to understand more about working in health and social care and are keen to prepare for a career in the field.
What sorts of things do they cover?
You will cover:
- Principles of Communication
- Principles of Personal Development
- Principles of Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
- Principles of Safeguarding and Protection
- Introduction to Duty of Care
- Understand the Role of the Social Care Worker
- Understand Person-Centred Approaches
- Understand Health and Safety
- Understand How to Handle Information
How will I learn and be assessed?
This is an online, paper-based course.
What jobs could they lead to?
This course will improve your prospects for a wide range of jobs within the health and social care sector, or further study in the area.
What would it cost me?
This course is free if completed.