Drug and Alcohol Awareness Workshop for Parents and Carers
This short introductory workshop will give you a better understanding of the challenges associated with being a parent or guardian of someone facing substance misuse issues. Through this interactive course you will be able to debate and discuss issues openly, ask questions, learn key facts and dispel myths.
Purpose: Community Learning
Duration: 3 hours
Next course: Saturday 1 May, 9.30am – 12.30pm
What will I need?
In order to access Ruskin’s online courses, you will need a computer/laptop/tablet/smart phone with:
- a webcam
- speakers and microphone
- portable headset
- access to Google Meet
You should also be able to send and receive emails, open links in emails and open and save documents.
If you need assistance, please contact Student Services on 01865 759600.
By the end of this course you will:
- Know about the differences between types of drugs and their categories
- Understand some of the causes of drug and alcohol misuse
- Know about the physical and non-physical signs of substance misuse
- Understand the impact and the health issues associated with drug and alcohol misuse
- Have gained good knowledge about agencies offering help and information on drug and alcohol misuse
You will get a better understanding of this important area and can progress to Level 1 Drug and Alcohol Awareness courses.
What will it cost me?
This course is free for learners in Oxfordshire who are unemployed or earning less than £17,004 per annum. For other local people the cost of the course is £35.
If you live outside of Oxfordshire there may be additional costs. Please contact us to find out more.
Please call us on 01865 759600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.