What is Muslim Youth Work?
In this introduction to Muslim Youth Work you will explore the definitions and understandings behind it, why and what makes it necessary, the challenges faced and its theory and practice.
Purpose: Community Learning
Duration: 7.5 hours over 5 weeks, Mondays 10.30am – 12.00pm
Next course: 16 November – 14 December
Aims and Objectives
To introduce and explore understandings, challenges, opportunities and the need for the development of distinctive youth work approaches.
You will be able to:
- understand and explain what we mean by Muslim Youth Work
- explain and understand the challenges and opportunities faced by those introducing Muslim values in Youth Work.
Who is the course for?
If you are involved with or interested in working with young Muslims in formal and informal settings, this course would be of interest to you.
This course could lead you onto further study at Ruskin in:
- Pre-Access – Social Science
- Access to Higher Education – Social Science
- BA (Hons) Community Development and Youth Work
What will it cost me?
The cost for this course is £25. It is free if you are unemployed or earning less than £17,004 per annum.