Certificate in Employment Law for Trade Union Representatives Level 2 – Online
Develop your knowledge and experience of employment law, making you more effective as a workplace TU rep, on this practical online course.
Level: Level 2
Purpose: Continuing Professional Development
Guided Learning Hours: 144
Courses from: August
What are the qualifications about?
You will get a better understanding of the trade union approach to employment law and enhance your ability to handle trade union and workplace issues whilst developing attitudes and skills needed for higher level study or activism.
Who are they for?
The course is specifically designed for those working as trade union representatives or thinking of a career in this field. If you are keen to get a better understanding of your rights within the workplace and/or those of your staff, this course will provide you with an excellent understanding of employment law.
What sorts of things do they cover?
The course will help you to:
- build confidence and knowledge in exploring, questioning and using employment law
- develop and consolidate research skills in finding out how legal provisions impact upon workplace rights
- review changes and challenges to workplace rights
- plan what needs to be done in relation to your union and workplace situation
- apply representational, organising and collective bargaining skills to making the most of the law at work
- work collectively in planning collective action
- prepare for/facilitate progression to advanced work on union issues, including advanced courses and union roles
How will I learn and be assessed?
This is an online course.
What jobs could they lead to?
You will gain important transferable knowledge and skills in the field of Trade Union employment law, enhancing your career prospects in a wide range of settings.
What would it cost me?
This course is free if completed.