Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care Level 2 – Online
Understand the different forms of dementia and how to support individuals through person-centred care on this rewarding online course.
Level: Level 2
Purpose: Personal and Professional Development
Guided Learning Hours: 123
Duration: 6 weeks
Courses from : 1 August
What are the qualifications about?
You will develop your knowledge and understanding of dementia care and learn positive communication methods.
Who are they for?
If you want to improve your understanding of the various forms of dementia and their treatment to further your personal and professional development, this course will provide a solid grounding.
What sorts of things do they cover?
You will cover the following topics:
- Dementia Awareness
- The Person-Centred Approach to the Care and Support of Individuals with Dementia
- Understand the Factors That Can Influence Communication and Interaction with Individuals who
- Understand Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Dementia Care
- Understand the Administration of Medication to Individuals with Dementia Using a Person-Centred
- Understand Behaviour in the Context of Dementia
- Understand the Benefits of Engaging in Activities in Social Care
How will I learn and be assessed?
This is an online paper-based course.
What jobs could they lead to?
With this nationally recognised Level 2 qualification you will gain important life skills and enhance your prospects in a range of health and social care settings.
What would it cost me?
This course is free if completed.