Certificate in Understanding Autism Level 2 – Online
Get a good grounding in autism and learn more about individuals who live with autism on this useful online course.
Level: Level 2
Purpose: Personal and Professional Development
Guided Learning Hours: 152
Duration: 6 weeks
Courses from: 1 August
What are the qualifications about?
You will understand the characteristics that may be present in individuals with autism and the conditions that commonly occur with autism. You will also find out about the common misconceptions surrounding autism and how speech, language and communication may differ in people with autism.
Who are they for?
This course is ideal if you want to improve your understanding of theories relating to autism and its diagnosis to further your personal and professional development.
What sorts of things do they cover?
You will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Autism
- Using a Person-Centred Approach to Support Individuals with Autism
- Communication and Social Interaction in Individuals with Autism
- Sensory Processing, Perception and Cognition in Individuals with Autism
- Supporting Positive Behaviour in Individuals with Autism
- Supporting Individuals with Autism to Live Healthy and Fulfilled Lives
How will I learn and be assessed?
This is an online paper-based course.
What jobs could they lead to?
With this nationally recognised Level 2 qualification you will gain important life skills and enhance your prospects in a range of health and social care settings.
What would it cost me?
This course is free if completed.