Award in Mental Health and Wellbeing Level 1
Develop an understanding of lifestyle choices and other factors which impact on health and wellbeing on this part-time course.
Level: Level 1
Purpose: Personal and Professional Development
Guided Learning Hours: 16
Duration: 2 days
Next Course: 15 October – 16 October 2019
What are the qualifications about?
You will get a greater awareness of the many facets of health and wellbeing whether in a personal, professional or voluntary capacity, which can be applied in a variety of contexts.
Who are they for?
This is the ideal route for you if you want a better understanding of your own and/or others’ health. You may have contact with the general public through everyday living, you may be a carer, or you may provide public services such as, education, housing, transport and retail.
What do I need?
You should hold an Entry 3 in English and Maths.
Why choose Ruskin College?
Ruskin College provides a welcoming and supportive learning environment with small classes so that everyone can thrive in their learning and achieve their potential, particularly adult learners returning to education.
What sorts of things do they cover?
- Awareness of Drug and Substance misuse
- Awareness of Health and Wellbeing
- Awareness of Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Body Image and the Media
- Dementia Awareness
- Developing Assertive Behaviour
- Developing Emotional Resilience
- Developing Healthy Relationships and Respect
- Developing Personal Confidence and Self Awareness
- Personal Safety Awareness
- Planning a Healthy Diet
- Social Media and Mental Wellbeing
- Stress and Stress Management Techniques
- Understanding Personal and Interpersonal Conflict
- Understanding the Effects of Sleep on Health
- Understanding the Importance of a Balanced Diet and Regular Exercise
How will I learn and be assessed?
You will be assessed through practical activities.
How long do they take?
Guided learning hours
Guided learning hours are the hours you spend learning with your training provider or on your own. The guided learning hours for this qualification are:
- Level 1: 16 hours
Usual course length
Completing the Level 1 Award in Mental Health and Wellbeing usually takes:
- 1 week part time, 2 days a week, Tuesday and Wednesday
What jobs could they lead to?
You may wish to progress towards a Level 2 Award in this or related subjects, or a careers in health and related professions.
What would it cost me?
Cost: £75. We will help you access financial support if you are entitled to it: find out if you are eligible.