Level: Level 5
Size: Apprenticeship Standard
Duration: 18-36 months
Guided Learning hours: 1 day per month, plus distance learning, coaching and mentoring, and project-based work
Start Date: Variable
What is the apprenticeship about?
Apprentices will develop their ability in management through a bespoke programme of skills development that can be applied across sectors. The course will support progression towards senior management responsibilities.
Who is it for?
Apprentices will already be working in a management capacity in private, public or third sector organisations of all types and sizes. They may be responsible for creating and delivering operational plans, managing projects, leading teams, managing change, financial and resource management, talent management, coaching and mentoring.
Apprentices may be employed in roles such as Operations Manager, Regional Manager, Divisional Manager, Department Manager and specialist managers.
Why choose Ruskin College?
Ruskin is the ideal place for your apprentices. We have a rich history of transformative learning, where our focus is on developing the individual through learning and we offer a genuinely inclusive and student-centred environment.
Apprentices at Ruskin benefit from:
- High quality teaching by an experienced trainers/assessors
- Classroom-based study to develop knowledge, skills and confidence
- Maths and English teaching, if required, to underpin and support knowledge
- Modern, well-equipped learning and college facilities
- A spacious and attractive campus
- Supportive and inclusive learning environment
- Coaching and mentoring to support progress
- Preparation and support for end point assessment
What do apprentices need?
Apprentices will need a good attitude to working and learning, be team players and have good communication skills. Apprentices may need to undertake initial assessments in English and Maths.
What sort of things does it cover?
Apprentices will learn about core knowledge, skills and behaviours, including:
- Organisational performance – delivering results
- Interpersonal excellence – managing people and developing relationships
- Personal effectiveness – managing self
What will apprentices achieve?
Apprentices will complete the following elements:
- Certificate as part of a high quality induction programme.
- The Diploma in Management Level 5, with the support of a qualified, experienced Assessor.
- Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy.
- End point Assessment.
On completion, apprentices can register as members of the Chartered Management Institute and/or the Institute of Leadership & Management, and those with 3 years’ of management experience can apply for Chartered Manager status through the CMI.
Call 01865 759600 and speak to an Apprenticeships adviser or email email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.