Award in Education and Training Level 3
19 March 2018 - 25 June 2018
Duration: Part-time, held on Mondays 5:30pm - 9pm
at Ruskin Hall Campus, Old Headington, Oxford, OX3 9BZ
Contact Us: 01865 759600 / firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is designed to enable you to undertake teaching, training, or learning tasks relevant to your own training or teaching situation. It is recommended for all teachers new to the sector, whether in further education, adult and community learning, work-based learning or other parts of the learning and skills sector.
The award is suitable if you are working, or intend to work, as:
- Teachers in adult and community education
- Teachers or trainers in the voluntary sector
- Training personnel in commerce, industry, the public sector or HM Forces
- Technicians and support staff in further and adult education
- Those involved in assessment
Modules for this course include:
- Identify students' needs, backgrounds and aspirations
- Define basic principles of teaching and learning in relation to teaching/training
- Demonstrate in planning, delivery and evaluation, a regard for equal opportunities and health and safety legislation
- Develop skills in devising programmes and schemes of work
- Adopt a systematic approach to planning learning sessions by reference to a variety of methods, and to develop innovation in teaching/training
- Design, make and use a range of teaching and learning materials, using your own creative and information technology skills
- Develop key skills
- Apply communication skills in teaching and training
- Design and apply appropriate means of assessing learners
You may be charged course fees depending on your previous level of education but don’t worry; we will help you access financial support if you are entitled to it. For more information visit our Further Education fees and funding page.
There are no formal entry requirements for learners undertaking this qualification. Ideally, you will have at least a Level 3 (i.e. A-Level/BTEC equivalent) qualification in the subject you wish to teach and have a reasonable command of English, numeracy and IT.
This qualification will help you to progress towards the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training, and the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training, which will help you to develop your teaching career. You could also become an FE trainee tutor or trainee assessor.