Applying for courses
If you would like to apply, find your course by searching our Adult Courses or University Programmes and follow the Apply Now link to complete an online application. Alternatively you can download and complete our Application Form.
You will need to be able to give us the following information to apply:
- Full name and address including postcode.
- Contact number and valid email address.
- Information about you, including details of your employment and educational background.
- Details of one referee (we will only contact your referee if you are offered a place on the course).
For University Programmes and Access to HE courses, we would also ask for a personal statement, where you can tell us a little more about yourself and why you would like to come to Ruskin.
General Admission Requirements
We welcome you, regardless of your circumstances. However, you will need to satisfy some general admission requirements to study with us. You will:
- show commitment to our ethos
- be able to benefit from study at this level
- attend an interview, where you will also be able to make a decision about the suitability of Ruskin for you
- complete a health check (if you are on the Social Work, Community Development and Youth Work programmes, or you wish to live here)
- provide one satisfactory reference
- do a free writing assessment
- receive an enhanced DBS check (if you are on the Social Work, Youth and Community Work, and in some cases Writing for Performance, programmes)
- take part in an induction week.
Find out about fees and funding at Ruskin.