Win a debt-free degreeTweet
Are you considering studying one of these qualifications this September?
Apply for one of these courses and enter this fantastic competition. If you win, your course tuition fees will be paid by Ruskin College – that’s a prize of up to £27,000!
To enter, as part of your application you will need to submit a 750-word essay on how winning this competition will change your life. In return, we will help you share your journey from application to graduation through blogs, social media, video and our website.
Judging will take place shortly after the closing date and 10 candidates will be shortlisted. Subject to successfully passing the standard College course application interview, one lucky winner will be selected. It could be you!
The competition closes at 17:00 on 30 June 2017.
You will need to apply for your course and enter the competition separately. Click on the links below.
To be eligible, you must:
- Not previously have studied at higher education (Level 4) or above.
- Have been a resident in the UK for at least the past three years.
- Be prepared to study full-time starting September 2017.
- Be willing to be take part in Fresher’s week and other college social activities and document your experience.
- Fulfil the conditions of the offer of a place.
- Study either the Foundation Health and Social Care or the BA Applied Social Science degree.
- Submit the written assignment by 17:00 30th June 2017.
- Apply for one of eligible courses by 17:00 30th June 2017.
- Attend a course acceptance interview; an interview will be offered subject to satisfactory completion of the application form.
- Successfully progress onto each succeeding year or study in order to continue being funded (pass all modules, complete all other requirements, not be in debt to the college).
- Cover your own residence and catering fees throughout the duration of your study or qualify for help with these, e.g. through a maintenance grant or loan.
Terms and conditions
- The prize is not open to any member of, or anyone related to any member of, Ruskin college staff or of the Ruskin College Council or Ruskin College Governing Executive.
- The successful student must agree to allow their name and images of themselves to be used by media and Ruskin College. They also need to be prepared to answer questions by the media and Ruskin College. They also need to be prepared to answer fully and frankly questions about themselves and their past and be prepared to tell their story to the public.
- Ruskin College does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries. Please note proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- The prize is non-transferable
- The prize(s) must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
- The decision of the judges is final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Ruskin College reserves the right to cancel the competition (and any associated exhibition or event) at any stage, if deemed necessary in their opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of their control.
- If you have already been offered a place at Ruskin College on either the Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care or the BA (Hons) Applied Social Science degree you are eligible to apply. Please submit your 750 words on ‘how could winning this competition change your life’ by 5pm 30 June.
- The 10 shortlisted people will be announced on the 7 July 2017 and the winner will be announced by 28 July 2017.